At the moment we are still in the preparatory phase, laying the foundation for the launch of Hedgefox:
- We have drafted a magazine proposal, defined our founding principles, and put together our statutes.
- We have had the statutes certified by a notary.
- We have applied to the Berlin Tax Office for the status of non-profit organization and received that status as of 18 February 2022.
- We have registered the domain www.hedgefox.eu and registered “Hedgefox” as a word mark with the European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO).
- We have created this preliminary prototype website to inform about our plans for Hedgefox.
- We have entered a cooperative partnership with the German Political Science Association (DVPW).
- We have drafted an Ethics Code for our work.
- We have assembled an Advisory Board of senior colleagues who support our initiative and help us to reach our goals.
- We have entered into partnerships with a number of academic publishing houses, which will ask their authors to write for us. To maintain our independence, we won’t accept any donations from them.
In the coming months, we will tackle the following tasks, among others:
- We will join the Transparent Civil Society Initiative of Transparency International Germany.
- We will create a professional website for the publication of our magazine.
- We will arrange further cooperation partnerships with professional associations and providers of political education.
- We will establish contact with non-profit foundations.